We offer cenospheres, also called alumosilicate microspheres.
Cenospheres are inert, hollow spheres made largely of silica and alumina with 20 – 500 µm diameter, filled with gas (mostly carbon dioxide and nitrogen). It is a by-product of coal combustion at thermal power plants.
Cenospheres are an ultralight mineral filler,
- their colour varies from grey through light grey to almost white;
- their bulk density is about 0.8 g/cm³;
- their specific gravity usually doesn’t exceed 0,4 g/cm³.
Cenosferes can be used as main filler or fine fraction filler substitute for with all types of binders (cement, gypsum, organic resins, dispersions, polymers).
Thanks to its properties cenospheres:
- reduce final product weight,
- greatly improve thermal conductivity,
- boost product fluidity and pumpability,
- increase resistance to high temperature,
- have very low water absorption.
At the request we can fraction cenospheres according to your needs.